COMMUNITY FORUM RULES
Upromise, Inc. ("Upromise") offers a Community Forum to enable members to share thoughts, ask questions, provide answers, and connect with others on issues generally relevant to Upromise members. Participation in the Upromise Community Forum is subject to the terms and conditions of Upromise generally, including the Upromise Member Agreement and our Community Rules.
In order to ensure a vibrant, lively and informative Community, by participating in the Community areas, you acknowledge and agree to the following rules. If you do not agree to these Community Forum Rules, then do not participate in the Upromise Community. Capitalized used herein and otherwise not defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Upromise Member Agreement.
Certain Rights and Responsibilities
- The comments, opinions, statements and other materials posted on the Community pages are posted by Upromise members and other visitors to the Upromise Community, are the sole responsibility of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Upromise. Accordingly, Upromise is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings and is not liable for any damages, costs or losses (including but not limited to direct, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other indirect damages) (together "Losses") that may result from your reliance on Community postings. Please act responsibly when posting and reviewing materials on the Community pages. Upromise may, from time to time, ask industry experts to moderate certain topics in the Community. These discussions are for general informational purposes only. For professional advice on your particular situation, please contact your financial advisor.
- Upromise has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, screen, edit, review or remove any postings on the Community areas at any time and without notice.
- Upromise also has the right to modify, derive revenue from and publish, both on our site and in any other form, media or technology, any information you post in the Community areas, in each case without notice or compensation to you.
- Please post honestly and in good faith, with the intent to share and inform. If we believe you are posting with the intent to cause disruption or to harm the Community experience or to a Contributing Company or Pass-Through Retailer (collectively, "Upromise Partner"), you will be banned.
- Upromise has the right to contact you by email regarding your participation in the Community areas.
- Upromise has the right to suspend and/or permanently ban any user, with or without notice, at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, our sole judgment that the user has violated these Community Rules, the terms of the Upromise Member Agreement, or the Policies.
- The Upromise website, including the Community areas, is not intended for children under the age of 13. Upromise strongly encourages all parents and guardians to monitor the Internet use of their children. Use of the Community areas by any user shall be deemed to be a representation that the user is 13 years of age or older.
- By using the Community areas you agree to abide by these Community Rules and to submit to their interpretation and enforcement by our staff. Please note that some message boards may have supplemental rules that are detailed in the board's introductory paragraph.
- Upromise reserves the right to modify these rules as well as the Community areas at any time without notice by posting revised Community Rules on the Upromise website. Your continued participation in the Upromise Community after any such modification constitutes your acceptance of such modifications.
- All postings are public and not private communications, and will include your first and last name. Do not post your log-in information, phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers or other private information.
- You are responsible for the use by third parties of any personal information you disclose, regardless of whether you have permitted such use. Upromise is not liable for any Losses that may result from your disclosure of such information.
- Do not disclose or solicit the private information of any other person.
Certain RestrictionsWhen using the Community areas:
- You may not post or otherwise make available any materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, in Upromise’s sole discretion.
- You may not post or otherwise make available materials that you do not have a right to upload or make available including any materials that infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party. These materials may include things such as, news and magazine articles, company logos and slogans, brochures, catalogs, photographs, video clips, charts, quotes and other similar materials.
- You may not post or otherwise make available any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features.
- You may not post or otherwise make available any information relating to a Upromise Partner that may be used by others to take advantage of any errors discovered on that Upromise Partner’s website.
- You may not post or otherwise make available any promotion, coupon or discount codes relating to a Upromise Partner that are not available to members generally on the Upromise website. The use of unauthorized codes may also cause you to forfeit Upromise contributions you may otherwise be entitled to receive.
- Do not link through postings in the Community areas to make purchases through Upromise. The use of unauthorized links may cause you to forfeit Upromise contributions you may otherwise be entitled to receive. Please return to the Upromise.com website prior to making your eligible purchases.
- You may not engage in antisocial, fraudulent or destructive acts including "flaming", "spamming", "flooding", "trolling", and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- You may not use the Community areas for commercial purposes of any kind, including to solicit goods, services, or money, to advertise or sell products or services or to post "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes."
- You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including Upromise.
- You may not engage in any criminal activity including child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, fraud, theft and conspiracy to commit any criminal activity.
- You may not collect or store personal data about other users of the Community areas or otherwise stalk, repeatedly contact, or harass another user or Upromise host or volunteer.
- You may not use the Community areas to harm minors.
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions or comments regarding the Community areas or if you would like to report a suspected violation of these rules.